- B.A., University of Houston
- M.Ed., Prairie View A&M University (Educational Administration)
- Ph.D., Prairie View A&M University (Educational Leadership)
Dr. Watkins is a graduate of the University of Houston - Victoria (BA), and Prairie View A & M University where she received her Masters degree in Educational Administration, her PhD in Educational Leadership, and a graduate concentration in English. Debra and her husband Danny Watkins have been married for 31 years and have two grown sons, Derek and Dustin Watkins.
As an educator, Dr. Watkins is passionate about the needs, goals, and opportunities for the adult learner at the college and university level. Her goals and aspirations for her students are that they will learn to reach their full potential both academically and spiritually.
When not teaching, Dr. Watkins enjoys spending time with her husband and children and traveling as the opportunity presents itself.
- Watkins, D. & Kritsonis, W. (2008) “National Promise for Student Academic Achievement and Success: Connecting Learning Utilizing the Ways of Knowing Through the Realms of Meaning.” Focus on Colleges, Universities, and Schools – Volume 2 Number 1 2008
- Watkins, D. & Kritsonis, W. (2007) “Atlas Shrugged by Ayan Rand: A comparative Epistemological, Philosophical Perspective Based on the Ways of Knowing Through the Realms of Meaning by William A. Kritsonis, PhD” DOCTORAL FORUM – National Journal for Publishing and mentoring Doctoral Student Research – ISBN -1559 Vol. 5, No. 1. 2008
- Watkins, D. & Kritsonis, W. (2007) “Postmodern Approach to Affecting Change in Special Education” National forum of Teacher Education Journal Vol. 16, Number 1 & 2, 2007-2008 (pp. 20-35)
- Watkins, D. & Kritsonis, W. (2007) “National Focus: Enhancing Student Achievement and Teacher Efficacy Through Effective Grant Writing and Creative Instructional Programming” Lamar University Electronic Journal of Student Research Volume 6,
- Fall 2007