State Authorization | College of Biblical Studies

State Authorization

Financial Aid: 

If a student has been denied state of Indiana financial aid, they may file an appeal or direct any questions to the Student Support Center by calling 1 (888) 528-4719 or visit


Law Violations: 

If a student believes that a college or university has violated state or federal law, he/she may wish to contact the Office of the Indiana Attorney General at (317) 232-6201 or by using this comment form at


Distance Education

Authorization to Offer Distance Education

The College of Biblical Studies-Houston, through its religious exemption with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, participates in The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement ( This agreement allows CBS to offer distance programs and courses to residents of member states without seeking state-by-state approval, and is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state.

If you are an online student residing in a state that is not yet a member of NC-SARA (see member states, or that is not listed below, please contact the Admissions Office ([email protected] or 1-844-227-9673) for information on applying for admission. Students in the online program with complaints can refer to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Student Complaint Process web site and the Student Complaint Form.


CBS is approved to operate outside of the authorization of the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. This approval is an on-going self-assessment that the College undertook that was first affirmed by the Bureau in 2014. Additional information on the College’s status may be obtained by contacting Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA 95833 or by calling (916) 431-6959.  

How do I learn more about State Authorization?

NC-SARA FAQs   |   NC-SARA-Texas